I’m not entirely sure what happened.
Maybe I fell off the face of the earth.
Maybe it’s because I moved to London and got too stressed out, too pre-occupied with trying to SHOVE ALL OF LIFE IN to the teeny-weeny waking hours that I forgot to write. And you know what happens when I don’t write? I get the TWITCHES.
Twitchy like a time-bomb.
It wasn’t a big boom. Not a ‘oh great, look at the mess you’ve made, Nora, go and fetch the paperwork, and bring me a new pencil while you’re at it- this is going to take a while’ kind of boom. More like an already squidged balloon having the air osmosseying out of its soft shell to go the party next door.
Well anyway. I didn’t blog. And life just kept sorta happening. So I shall do some explaining. (And then maybe I’ll go back and fill it all in and pretend that I didn’t slack off for the better part of my early twenties.)
- I got a job at the BBC. At Television Centre. In entertainment and post production.
- I moved to London so I could walk to said job at Television Centre.
- I worked on STRICTLY, CHILDREN IN NEED and COMIC RELIEF.
- I made some pretty awesome friends. Yay friends.
- My contract ended at Beeb so I started working at the Discovery Channel and its sister channels (Animal Planet, Quest, TLC etc etc).
- Realised that most people in this industry are pretty damn bonkers.
- Realised that I should really have realised this before now.
- Wrote a comedy screenplay pilot as a bet (against my Producer who thought I couldn’t bosh it out so quickly.)
- Signed up to a reading challenge.
- Realised that pledging to read 110 books by the end of 2014 probably wasn’t a realistic target.
- Thought, SOD IT, I’m gunna do it anyway.
There are probably other things. I suppose I shall remember them.
Here’s to a new start.
A new blogging start.
With actual blogs.